The XES 2.0 workshopXES conference room survey
Announced by the XES Working Group
As previously announced (also in the newsletter), the XES Working Group was delighted to host the XES 2.0 workshop, co-located with ICPM on November 2, 2021. A session on the “Ideation Workshop to Improve Event Data Preparation for Process Mining” survey results set the scene, followed by contributions from software vendors (represented by Celonis and Signavio), academia (RWTH Aachen and the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano) and professional services (KPMG). Concluding with a panel discussion centred around select findings from the survey, the workshop not only offered well-balanced viewpoints from different players in the discipline, but most notably revealed an unexpected homogeneity concerning the most relevant levers for a successful evolution of the XES standard.
A paper entitled “Rethinking the Input for Process Mining: Insights from the XES Survey and Workshop” outlines the major findings. The final authenticated version will be available online as part of the LNBIP volume "ICPM 2021 Process Mining Workshops" edited by Jorge Munoz-Gama and Xixi Lu. The post-print version of the workshop paper and the presentation slides of the presentations are available on the XES 2.0 dedicated webpage.
The survey outcome and the insights from the workshop sketch the next steps for the XES Working Group. In fact, we are already at work – so stay tuned!
- Academic stories: Dirk Fahland
- Developers’ point: Celonis
- End-user’s corner: Aziz Yarahmadi
- ICPM 2021: Some reflections
- The XES 2.0 workshop
- Updates from the Steering Committee
- Process Mining Summer School 2022
- New course “Process Mining: From Theory to Execution”
- Questionnaire: the Process Change Exploration tool
- This article has been updated on December 17 2021, 14:44.
- Announced by the XES Working Group