Special Issue on Process Mining and Emerging Applications (MDPI Algorithms journal)publication outlet
Presented by Antonella Guzzo
Process mining methods have been successfully applied to logs of business process execution recorded by transactional IT systems, with the goal of analyzing and improving organizational productivity along performance dimensions such as efficiency, quality, compliance, and risk. Moreover, such methods are being increasingly used — with an interdisciplinary perspective — in other application domains beyond those related to business processes, such as in the context of distributed ledger technologies (DLT), robotic process automation (RPA), and Internet-of-Things (IoT). This Special Issue aims at providing a high-quality forum for interdisciplinary researchers and practitioners to exchange research findings and ideas on process mining and its applications. We invite you to submit to this Special Issue on “Process Mining and Emerging Applications”, with subjects covering the whole range from theory to applications. The following is a (non-exhaustive) list of topics of interests.
Process Mining techniques:
- Automated discovery of process models
- Conformance/compliance analysis
- Multiperspective process mining
- Predictive process analytics
- Prescriptive process analytics and recommender systems
- Privacy-preserving process mining
- Visual process analytics
- Mining from non-process-aware systems/event streams
We welcome applications and case studies in:
- Distributed ledger technologies (DLT)
- (Cyber)security and privacy
- Risk management
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- Sensors, Internet-of-Things (IoT), and wearable devices
- Specific domains such as accounting, finance, government, healthcare, and manufacturing
- Process Mining Algorithms
- Conformance/compliance analysis
- Process analytics
- Event logs analysis
Manuscript Submission Information
Manuscripts should be submitted online at www.mdpi.com by registering and logging in to this website. Once you are registered, click here to go to the submission form. All papers will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be published continuously in the journal (as soon as accepted) and will be listed together on the special issue website. Research articles, review articles as well as short communications are invited. For planned papers, a title and short abstract (about 100 words) can be sent to the Editorial Office for announcement on this website.
Manuscripts may be submitted immediately or at any point until 30 September 2020. They should not have been published previously, nor be under consideration for publication elsewhere (except conference proceedings papers). All manuscripts are thoroughly refereed through a single-blind peer-review process.
A guide for authors and other relevant information for submission of manuscripts is available on the Instructions for Authors page. Algorithms is an international peer-reviewed open access monthly journal published by MDPI. Please visit the Instructions for Authors page before submitting a manuscript. The Article Processing Charge (APC) for publication in this open-access journal is 1000 CHF (Swiss Francs). Submitted papers should be well formatted and use correct English. Authors may use MDPI's English editing service prior to publication or during author revisions.
For questions or further information, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Academic stories: Pnina Soffer
- From Research Vision to Startup: The Story of Apromore
- Exploring newland: Blockchains and process mining
- BPI Challenges: 10 years of real-life datasets
- End-user’s corner: Bruna Pereira
- ICPM 2020 goes fully virtual!
- Special Issue on Process Mining and Emerging Applications (MDPI Algorithms journal)
- This article has been updated on May 15 2020, 15:02.
- Presented by Antonella Guzzo