ICPM 2020 goes fully virtual!ICPM
Presented by Massimiliano de Leoni and Alessandro Sperduti
ICPM is the flagship conference of Process Mining. The first edition in 2019 was the start of a very successful conference series, a remarkable example of a venue where academia and industry meet, give feedback and provide a boost to each other. After the success of the first edition in Aachen, the conference will be organized by the University of Padua as announced in the previous edition of this newsletter.
For this year, ICPM will be a fully virtual conference. We aim at a lively event where not only research and practice advances in the field are presented, but also discussions and networking are fostered, without requiring travel from the attendees. This will allow the participants from anywhere in the world to actively contribute to ICPM despite the exceptional circumstances of the COVID-19 outbreak. The entire program remains as rich as planned, with the main research track, the day dedicated to industry, and the other co-located events. With the spirit of keeping the entire conference as interactive as possible, presentations will be given live using webinars. The presentations will also be broadcasted and made available after the conference for off-line viewing. Attendees will be able to ask questions, which will be answered at the end of each presentation. When multiple sessions run in parallel (e.g., workshops), the conference will feature parallel virtual rooms, including virtual booths for sponsors and demonstrations.
This makes ICPM 2020 “the virtual place to be” for anyone working on process mining! Visit icpmconference.org/2020 to stay up-to-date about the conference. The website is continuously updated as soon as new aspects of the conference organization are confirmed!
- Research-track and industry sessions of the conference: 6-8 October 2020
- Demonstration sessions: 7 October 2020
- Doctoral consortium: 4 October 2020
- Workshops and other co-located activities: 5 October 2020
Key dates for research papers
- Abstract submissions: 24 June 2020
- Full-paper submissions: 1 July 2020
- Notification: 5 August 2020
- Camera-ready submissions: 2 September 2020
Key dates for workshops
- Submission of workshop-paper abstracts: 18 August 2020
- Submission of workshop papers: 25 August 2020
- Workshop-paper notification: 14 September 2020
- Camera-ready submissions of workshop papers: 22 September 2020
Key dates for demonstration papers
- Submission of demonstration papers: 4 August 2020
- Notification of acceptance: 31 August 2020
- Camera-ready submissions of demonstration papers: 15 September 2020
Key dates for the doctoral consortium
- Extended abstract submission: 6 August 2020 (strict)
- Notification of acceptance: 7 September 2020
- Camera-ready copy: 14 September 2020
Call for the Best Process Mining PhD Dissertation Award
- Application deadline: 10 June 2020
- Notification of short-listing: 31 July 2020
- Online presentations by short-listed candidates: End of August 2020 (the exact day will be negotiated with the short-listed candidates)
- Academic stories: Pnina Soffer
- From Research Vision to Startup: The Story of Apromore
- Exploring newland: Blockchains and process mining
- BPI Challenges: 10 years of real-life datasets
- End-user’s corner: Bruna Pereira
- ICPM 2020 goes fully virtual!
- Special Issue on Process Mining and Emerging Applications (MDPI Algorithms journal)
- This article has been updated on May 14 2020, 19:43.
- Presented by Massimiliano de Leoni and Alessandro Sperduti